Red Cross Blood Drive
- Redhook Brewery
- 1 Redhook Way, Portsmouth, NH 03801 United States
WOKQ and the American Red Cross ask you to give something that means something this holiday season, give the gift of life. Give blood. On Monday, December 30th join WOKQ and the Red Cross at Redhook Brewery on the Pease Tradeport Campus from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. and you can help spread hope this holiday season by giving something that doesn’t cost a thing, but can offer so much more. To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-RED-CROSS. The Red Cross, helping save lives one donation at a time.
- This holiday season, WOKQ and the American Red Cross asks you to give something that means something. Give a gift that can help save a life, give blood.
- The need for blood doesn’t take a holiday so as we head into this holiday season give the gift that means something. Give a blood or platelet donation.
- Each of us can help spread hope this holiday season by giving something that doesn’t cost a thing, but can offer so much more.
- The need is great. Each day, the Northern New England Region (New Hampshire, Maine& Vermont) needs to collect on average 700 units of blood to maintain a sufficient blood supply.
- Platelet donations also are needed.
- Platelets – a key clotting component of blood often needed by cancer patients – must be transfused within five days of donation, so it’s important to have a steady supply of platelets on hand.
- It’s the blood on the shelves that saves lives.
- Local blood donors are needed all year round to ensure the blood supply stays strong.
- Your blood donation can help save the life of a real person in your community.
- Blood is an essential component for patient care in area hospitals, and the only source of blood is a healthy, volunteer blood donor.
- Approximately every two seconds, a patient in the United States needs blood. Your donation may help save up to three lives and it only takes about an hour of your time.
- The need for blood is constant and the blood supply must be regularly replenished.
- Walk-ins are always welcome, but donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment in advance by calling 1-800-RED CROSS or by visiting redcrossblood.org.