Fire Damages Portsmouth Home
(Portsmouth, NH) – A late-night fire damaged a vacant home in Portsmouth, causing injuries to one fire-fighter.
Fire officials got a 9-1-1 call at 11:42 Monday night reporting the fire at 107 Stark Street. Arriving crews found heavy fire to the rear of the two-story structure.
The building was undergoing renovations and was not occupied at the time.
Damage was reported to a room on the first floor, a rear deck and the exterior of the wood-frame home.
One fire-fighter suffered minor injuries while battling the blaze.
The cause is believed to be spontaneous combustion in a barrel of sawdust.