My Favorite Fun Country Christmas Songs
Let's set the ground rules here. We're not talking traditional songs sung by country singers so Carrie Underwood's wonderful rendition of "Do You Hear What I Hear" is out. No songs that bring me down-- Dolly Parton's "Rock Candy Christmas" might be a song about hope overcoming despair but it still depresses me every time I hear it. And finally, no straight up novelty songs. Grandma is safe on this list. Why all the rules? Because there are a jillion Christmas songs and I wanted to narrow it down. Oh-- and the rules don't apply to Muppets. So without further ado...
- Clint Black - "Til Santa's Gone (Milk and Cookies)"
- Alan Jackson - "Let It Be Christmas"
- John Denver and The Muppets - "12 Days of Christmas"
- Kelly Pickler - "Santa Baby"
- George Strait - "Christmas Cookies"
Unsurprisingly, it starts and ends with cookies. What's on your list?