Authorities have apprehended the suspect that caused a manhunt in Rochester that began Sunday afternoon and lasted until this morning, plus caused several stores and businesses to evacuate.

Christopher Thomas, 27, was taken into police custody this morning and all businesses on Farmington Road have been allowed to re-open.

In a press release from the Rochester Police Department, just before 5 o'clock on Sunday, November 11th,  the Seacoast CERT SWAT team, along with the Stafford County SWAT team, responded to the area to assist Rochester Police with the search for the suspect that is described as a white male in his 20s with a beard, approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall and 160 pounds.

According to the official press release from the Rochester Police Department, Christopher Thomas, 27, was last seen in the back parking lot of the Walmart located on Farmington Road in Rochester, before disappearing into a wooded area.

Early this morning, Chief Paul Toussaint of the Rochester Police Department said Thomas had been located and police established a perimeter around the armed suspect in the woods near Walmart. Businesses remain closed this morning and hunters are asked to avoid the area along Ten Rod Road for the on-going police activity.

The Strafford County SWAT team, along with the Seacoast CERT SWAT team, New Hampshire State Police and Maine State Police, also responded to assist Rochester Police and remain on scene.

Chief Toussaint says overnight, Thomas fired shots at police. No injuries have been reported, and police have currently established a perimeter around his location.

“We appreciate the public’s understanding and cooperation during this complex situation,” Chief Toussaint said. “Thank you to our law enforcement partners who responded yesterday afternoon and throughout the night to assist Rochester Police in locating this suspect.”

Authorities say Thomas is known to police and has several warrants for both Criminal Threatening and Theft.

Credit Rochester Police Dept.