Weekend Planner: Food, Music and Dover’s Citizen of the Year is Honored
We're a week away from kickoff between the Pats and Seahawks, the beginning of February, and Ground Hog Day. Before the Big Game hype gets out of control, let's take a look at what there is to do this weekend.
1. The Dover Chamber of Commerce honors our own Don Briand as Dover's "Citizen of the Year for 2015" on Friday evening as part of their annual awards dinner at Rivermill at Dover Landing. Call 603-742-2218 to learn more.
2. A maple baked chicken dinner to benefit the American Cancer Society will be held at the Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin from 4:30 to 6:30 pm. For more information call 603-326-5608.
3. You're invited to a roast pork dinner on Saturday afternoon. It will be served at St. John's United Methodist Church on Cataract Ave. in Dover between 4:30 and 6 pm.
4. The Portsmouth Music Hall presents Songwriters in the Round on Saturday evening at 8 pm in The Loft on Congress St in Portsmouth.
5. The Amazing Nano Brothers will explore nanoscale science and technology at the Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord at 1 pm on Sunday afternoon.
If you've having football withdrawal, there is always the NFL Pro-Bowl this weekend. No matter what you wind up doing, we'll be here playing New Country on 97.5 WOKQ!