Mid Month Check in on Kira’s Dry February
I know a lot of people start off the year doing “Dry January” but I missed the boat on that one. So I figured I would give it a whirl in February and yes I may have picked it because it is the shortest month 😉
For those of you saying “what the heck is a dry February” it means going the entire month without drinking any alchohol, not even a sip.
Now I am not someone who typically drinks every night of the week but I do enjoy my after work glass of wine now and then or a cocktail while catching up with friends.
I’m two weeks in and haven’t cheated yet! Here are some observations I have made in my first 14 days of “going dry”:
- I find my friends annoying when they are drunk and I am not drinking with them.
- There is so much time in the weekend to get stuff done when you wake up feeling fresh as a daisy on Saturday and Sunday morning!
Not gonna get bored of this feeling – – – – – – – – – #dryjanuary #dryfebruary #slimmingworld #slimmingworlduk #slimmingworldfood #slimmingworldmafia #slimmingworldmeals #slimmingworldjourney #slimmingworldfriends #slimmingworldsupport #slimmingworldfollowers #slimmingworldfamily #weightloss #weightlossjourney #sw #swuk #swmafia #swfriends #swsupport #diet #healthy #hangoverfree #l4l
- I have been sleeping like a newborn baby after a bottle of warm milk every night.
- I have been eating a lot of dessert and justifying it because I am not drinking my calories anymore. I need to cut that out.
- My friend Jaimie and I are partners in dry crime and whenever we are feeling weak we text one another for support.
- Surrounding myself with non drinkers, like my mom, has made my life a little easier.
(we did drink a lot of seltzer that night)
- Passing up free alchohol is hard.
- I went to Florida for four days and thought I would really miss having cocktails on the beach. But I went without them and it was just as enjoyable. (almost)
Only 14 more days to go!! I will check back in with final thoughts at the the end of this experience. Wish me luck