5 Things to Know About Sammy, the Newest Member of WOKQ
I’m the new guy in town, Sammy Cruise, and we have LOVED living in New England so far. Seriously, everyone is awesome.
You can hang out with me on the air weekdays from 3 to 7 p.m. on WOKQ, of course, but as I get settled in, I wanted to share with you some things about me.
1. I can’t get enough golf, tacos and beer in my life! Golf and beer really go together…However, so do tacos and beer. You combine the three, and it’s like an all day sucker of awesome!
2. I once fell out of a three-story abandoned building. My friend came up with the idea to shimmy down the side of the building holding on to an old phone cord. Shocking as it may seem, it didn’t hold me, and it snapped and I fell. All I did was twist my ankle.
3. I recently learned how to play acoustic guitar, joined a band and actually played a big stage! We got to open up for a festival with Kip Moore, Chase Rice, Morgan Wallen, Chris Lane and Riley Green! I also played a gig at a bar where a fight broke out and we kept playing.
4. Brad Paisley dared me to go on stage at the end of his show in my boxers, boots and a t-shirt. I did. I’ve dressed up for many Brad shows.
5. I got to meet Patriots owner Robert Kraft at a martini bar in West Palm Beach, FL. (I grew up in Dallas, so I’m a big Cowboy’s fan. I asked him at the time if he wanted to make an even trade. You know, Tom Brady for Tony Romo. He said no.) He was totally the nicest guy though, even letting me snag a selfie with him.