Barrington, New Hampshire, Woman Featured in HBO Max Series ‘Julia’
Remember the 2009 movie 'Julie & Julia' starring Amy Adams and the one and only Meryl Streep? I absolutely loved it! Meryl played a heck of a Julia, but then again, she can do no wrong in my book.
HBO Max knew we were craving some fresh Julia Child content when they released their series "Julia". The series explores the life and rise of this chef turned icon.
Resha Meylan from Barrington, NH, was an extra on the series, and said filming was one of the top three best experiences in her entire life.
Here are some behind-the-scenes fun facts of what it was like to film on set:
- The first day, she waited 13 hours to be used and was there for a total of 15 hours. I am told that is pretty typical. She reveled in every minute!
- Catering was where it's at. If there was a snack you were craving, chances are you could enjoy it in mass quantities when you were off screen. Also, apparently there is unlimited espresso on set. She had 13 shots in one day (I'm sorry, what?).
- They paid her to let them cut her hair for the series.
- The hair stylist for this series also worked on "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel". If you watch that show, you know how ON POINT hair and makeup is.
- The other extras were very kind, and she made some lifelong friends (that will happen when you hang with someone for 13 hours straight).
- They filmed all around the Boston area. Resha's first scene was an "upscale French restaurant patron", and the next six days she filmed at the Fairmount Copley Plaza in Boston's Back Bay for the Gala scene.
Each episode is named after a popular dish, and Resha's featured in episode 7, titled "Foie Gras" it just aired this past Thursday.
She's the one in the blue dress CLEAR AS DAY in the Gala scene:
How cool is that?! Our girl got some serious air time! We can all agree she looks like a 1960's BABE in this getup.
The series has been doing well and according to the HollywoodReporter.com, it was just renewed for a second season.