Man Overdoses in Bertucci’s Bathroom and Now His Mom Suing The Chain
A 32-year-old man named Adam Gable died of a drug overdose when he was left overnight in the bathroom at Bertucci's in Amherst, MA.
His mother is now suing the chain because the restaurant failed to get help for her son.
Upon first hearing this, I thought it was completely ridiculous. My first reaction was that it is not Bertucci's fault that this man overdosed in their bathroom. However, after hearing all of the facts, I have a different opinion.
Apparently, an employee saw Gamble enter the bathroom around 9:30 pm. However, no employees checked the restroom before closing for the night. In addition to that, the next day an employee entered the bathroom and saw Gamble's sneakers under the stall door but workers didn't contact the authorities until several hours later.
Ironically, I waitressed at this very Bertucci's while I was in college at UMASS Amherst. We always checked the bathrooms before closing for the night. Also, I can't imagine discovering someone the next morning unconcious in the bathroom and doing nothing about it!
Maybe paramedics wouldn't have been able to revive Adam Gamble had they been notified. But sadly, we will never know.