Plaistow Middle School Children Get Sick On Marijuana Laced Chocolate
One student had to be taken to the hospital after consuming the edibles.
The story unfolded last week in Plaistow, New Hampshire. According to WMUR News 9, four students got sick from eating marijuana-laced chocolate. As a result, they will be facing disciplinary action.
Superintendent Dr. Earl Metzler told WMUR the students knew the chocolate they were eating contained marijuana. Also, he pointed out the edibles appeared to be commercially produced.
Even though he incident reportedly took place last week, information was not released until Monday. This was to ensure no other students had been involved with the incident. News 9 reported Timberlane Regional Middle School Principal Michael Flynn sent a letter home to parents. In part, it read "Please be assured that safety and the well-being of all of our students is our priority here at TRMS. We will continue to work cooperatively to maximize safety on our campus in every way possible. As we do, I would like to ask for your help in speaking with your child about the dangers of drug use and the importance of reporting suspected drugs at any time."
No word on the repercussions students will face.Police continue to investigate. At this time, News 9 reported this is likely an isolated incident.