Filling Your Weekend With Food
With only race exceptions, I've never met a meal I didn't like. And since we live in an area with so many great places to eat, let's ring in the first weekend of spring with lots of food.
1. Saturday morning at 11 am, there will be a drive through Girl Scout cookie sale at the Holy Trinity Church on High St. In Somersworth. Call 603-312-1022 for details.
2. Enjoy a turkey supper at the First Parish Federated Church in South Berwick from 4 to 6 pm on Saturday. The number to call there is 207-384-4091.
3. Enjoy the Newmarket Farmers Market on Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm at the Newmarket High School.
4. The Union Congregational Church in Madbury invites you to their ham and bean supper on Saturday afternoon at 5 pm.
5. The Newington Town Hall will be the site of the Newington Town Church Supper on Saturday afternoon. It will run from 5 to 6:30 pm.
6. Also on Saturday, there will be a spring turkey supper from 4:30 to 6:30 pm at the Bethany Chapel on Newbury Rd. in Manchester.
So, there you have it, lots of options and choices for chowing down this weekend. Whatever you do we'll be here playing New Country on 97.5 WOKQ!