5 Country Stars Who Would Rule Super Bowl’s Halftime Show
Pop band Maroon 5 may have received the nod, but these country artists could easily fill the bill.
5. Carrie Underwood - Sunday Night Football's new theme may have received a lukewarm response, but there are few stars more prepared for big stage events like this. Imagining the "Cry Pretty" singer shaking the rafters is pretty easy, isn't it?
4. Eric Church - With Desperate Man set to drop October 5th, the halftime show would be the perfect venue for the Chief to showcase a few new songs, and singalongs like "Give Me Back My Hometown" and "Springsteen" are basically MADE for stadiums.
3. Jason Aldean - His songs play like the ultimate tailgating soundtrack. One thing would be a given; Jason's halftime show would set a record for volume. Yes, even you, The Who.
2. Luke Bryan - Charismatic, and full of energy, the multi time Entertainer of the Year knows how to move a crowd. Also, can you imagine the choreography to "Country Girl" and "Kick The Dust Up?" Of course you can.
1. Garth Brooks - A few hot rumors have Garth headlining stadiums next summer. Ever the showman, and astute marketer/businessman, this would be an amazing launch of whatever Garth lays out for 2019. Plus, "Ain't Goin' Down (Till The Sun Comes Up)," anyone?