Be a Winner at Staying Cool During Oppressive New Hampshire Weather
Many of us throughout New England are experiencing some pretty high temperatures and high humidity during this stretch of summer weather.
Hopefully, you've found your own little oasis to hideaway and try to stay cool. Below, are some suggestions we came up with for you to try and as they say, 'beat the heat!'
1. Head to the seacoast. It's usually a few degrees cooler by the water and there are plenty of beaches to choose from. Not a beach person, no worries, New Hampshire has a few popular lakes that will help you cool off.
2. If you exercise outdoors, alter your work-out schedule if you can to either go earlier or later in the day.
3. I know this sounds weird...but, stay a little later at work! It's probably air conditioned and the boss will think you're really a dedicated, loyal worker, when all you're really doing enjoying the air conditioned office.
4. It sounds obvious, but drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
5. Wear loose-fitting, light- colored clothing. Cotton clothing will keep you cooler than synthetic clothes.