Amuse Your Guests with Fun Thanksgiving Facts
We all know that the conversation around the holiday table this year might get a little tense, post election. To lighten the mood, here are some fun facts about Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Fun Facts (according to Wallet Hub)
- 10 Hrs. 41 Mins. – Length of time the average American male would need to spend on the treadmill to burn the 4,500 calories consumed at the average Thanksgiving meal.
- $670+ Million – Estimated amount Americans spend on Thanksgiving turkeys each year, with 46 million turkeys killed for the holiday.
- $28 Million – Amount of property loss caused by residential building fires each Thanksgiving.
- $299.60 – Average person’s Thanksgiving weekend spending in 2015.
- 84 Percent – Of people say they are most thankful for either family health or family relationships.
If you just want to get away from the family for awhile, check out WalletHubs list of this year's Black Friday offers and happy shopping!