Well, this is horrifying. Sources say Michelle Carr of Kittery was preparing herself a salad at home with a bag of lettuce she bought at a grocery store in Portsmouth. Her fork went into something crunchy and not the normal kind of crunch that a salad typically has. She pulled her fork out and low and behold a 3-inch-lizard sans the tail was there on her fork amongst the lettuce. CAN YOU IMAGINE?!

Rightfully so, Michelle was freaked out. She thought she could have ingested some sort of bacteria so she immediately contacted the distributor, which is located in California, to notify them as well as the state Health Department.

According to Michelle's biologist friend, what she found was a blue-bellied lizard from California. Something tells me Michelle might be scarred by this and not crave a salad for a while.

More From 97.5 WOKQ